Welcome to the UW Medicine
Office of Healthcare Equity
At UW Medicine, we believe that healthcare is a fundamental human right and everyone should have the same access and opportunities for the best possible outcomes.
We are committed to transforming the way care is provided to eliminate inequities. Healthcare equity is not owned by one department or leader – everyone shares responsibility. We can all take action in our own spheres of influence and in the work we control.
From the UW Medicine: The Huddle Reducing barriers to care is a key priority for Interpreter Services at UW Medicine. And that’s just what Yvonne Simpson does every day — working to […]
From the NY Times: Obtaining reasonable accommodations is often a messy, frustrating process for both employees and their managers. But there are solutions. The lack of an item like a […]
From SeattleMag.com: How to overcome barriers to equitable care: Being a patient is a vulnerable reality. Whether you are not feeling well, are injured, or having a routine checkup, it […]
From Deloitte Digital: Currently, less than 5% of medical images show dark skin. Only 8% of medical illustrators identify as people of color. The Illustrate Change digital library, made possible by a […]
Latest Posts from the Huddle
- Accepting Nominations: Penn State’s Academy for Holistic Reimagining of the Recruitment, Mentoring, and Retention of Racially Minoritized Faculty – Due Sep 15
- UW School of Medicine 2023 Minority Faculty Mentoring Award – Nominate a Senior Faculty Member by April 17.
- Apply Now for the 2023-2024 Success for Underrepresented Faculty (SURF) Program Cohort: Supporting Early Career URMS Faculty
- Externship Diversity Scholarship: URiM 4th-Year Medical Students Invited to 4-Week Anesthesiology Rotation at University of Colorado with Expenses Reimbursed
- Conference Awards to Support Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Trainees and Early Junior Primary Faculty with Familial Caregiver Responsibilities